AHIMA values opportunities to collaborate with organizations that share our mission of empowering people to impact health. The Medical Coding & Reimbursement Online Courses program began as an exploratory pilot program with Purdue University Global to assess interest in micro-credentials. We are now opening this pilot program opportunity to other colleges and universities.
Participating academic institutions would collaborate with AHIMA to:
- Offer transfer credits to learners who complete AHIMA Medical Coding and Reimbursement online courses
- Provide learners with affordable pathways to continue their education
- Recognize the AHIMA Medical Coding and Reimbursement Micro-credential as a foundational achievement to build a progressive health information career
List of Participating Institutions
At Southern New Hampshire University, we offer both a BS in Health Information Management and MS in Health Information Management. In addition to our affordable, flexible and accessible programs, matched with unparalleled support, we offer:
- Course Credit for Six AHIMA Medical Coding Courses – Saving students 66% on tuition and 2 months of time per course.
- Course Credit for HIM Certifications – Saving students up to $2,000 per course and up to 2.5 months of time per course.
- Bachelor's Degree Health Information Management Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- Master's Degree Health Information Management Program is in Candidacy Status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- The MS in Health Information Management Program is also a HIMSS Approved Educational Partner.
For more information, visit www.snhu.edu/ahima.
For additional questions, please email Lynn Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org